Followers

18 in 2018

De-Cluttering 2018

Sunday 5 December 2010

Boogieing in Bingley

The 2nd festival of the year was a return to Bingley Music Festival.
I went with just one friend, we had hope that all four of us who went last year would go but sadly G had a really bad accident this year (it was touch and go for a while) and she wasn’t up to it and the other mate couldn’t afford it.
We stayed in the same pub and got a taxi to the festival. We managed to get there in time of go to the free Friday night as the Buzzocks were playing and T really wanted to see them.
On the Saturday we went to Saltaire in the morning and had a nice wander round the old mill there that is an art gallery and shops. There is a large park and canal. Then had a mooch round some of the other shops before hopping on the train to Bingley.
Sunday we drove to Haworth. I haven’t been there before and it is a very pretty village. We found a nice restaurant to have lunch, cottage pie “hangover food” for T and a goats cheese salad with HM bread and butter for me. Again had a lovely time just browsing in the shops. They do different events throughout the year and next year I hope to go back there.
Now for the music -
Example was great, really got the crowd going. Public Image Limited were also good. Not really my kinda music but John Lydon is a fantastic front man and was very entertaining. The highlight of the whole festival for me was James who I have never seen live before and they were amazing. You could see how much they enjoy performing and hearing them sing Sit Down live was just one of the best things. They got people from the crowd up on stage with them. On Sunday I just really wanted to see The Levellers. I have seen them before and they were good. They are touring next year and hopefully I will get to see them for my birthday. I missed Sea Sick Steve as was queuing up for food (which was yummy Caribbean curry – I couldn’t face chips again!) and also would have like to have seen Craig Charles and his funk band but there is always another time.
It was a great and relaxing weekend and hope I can get back for a 3rd year.

No comments: