Followers

18 in 2018

De-Cluttering 2018

Sunday 5 December 2010

Back to the List

Well I got to 2 festivals this year.

The first was:




It was a bit hit and miss. The cloud over the whole event is that the mate I went with is not really a mate anymore. Not that we had a big falling out but I think we both realised that we are quite different and wanted different things from the festival. I don't drink that much anymore but for her a big part of her life is enjoying a drink and getting drunk. We did do our own thing a bit and I learnt that I’m ok with being on my own and am resourceful and independent.

I was surprised at how small the actual arena area was, the campsites were massive. I also thought the toilets would be worse – they weren’t the best - a big long drop. Also I felt sooo old, everyone was about 16. Was very pleased that they did have showers.

I enjoyed the camping and were lucky with good weather. On a night we had a campfire and had made friends with the people in the tents near us. We sat around chatting and having a drink.

We saw so many bands they did blur into each other a bit. I was a bit disappointed in Biffy Clyro (too rocky for me) and Mumford and Sons (couldn’t get into the tent to watch them and the sound quality outside was terrible).
My favourites were:
Dizzee Rascal – I had a bit of a dance to him – well more like jump up and down.
The Libertines – I’d heard a lot about the band, mainly the member’s drug addiction but hadn’t heard much of their music but they were fantastic. I felt that Carl Barat and Pete Doherty were just amazing.
One Night Only – A local band, they members went to the same school as me so I wanted to support them and had a great time. They were in one of the smaller tents and you could really feel the crowd were behind them.
Guns n Roses – Blew me away. Axel Rose might not have the strongest voice any more but he took me back to my youth. Listening to him singing November Rain was amazing.

Overall I would go to another festival either with DH or with a larger group. I would plan more so I got to see as many of the bands I wanted and to go to the other things they have going on like the comedians and silent disco. Even though it wasn’t the experience I hoped it would be I’m glad I went.

2 comments:

Dannie said...

Have a friend situation similar to yours, sometimes you just feel your drifting apart. Good for you for learning you can take care of yourself and still have a good time.

Nice to see you back blogging!

Rainbowchild said...

Thanks Dannie,
This year has been difficult (hence not blogging) and I have learnt who my friends are but also who I want as friends.