Well I didn’t get as much as I had hoped done on Monday. I totally underestimated how over grown the garden was and also how unfit I am!
I cut the weeds back as my OH followed me digging it over. It took most of the day, with a few breaks but we have broken the back of it. We both ached at the end of the day but really felt we had achieved something.
After I had picked the car up from the garage we nipped up to the garden centre for a few bits and I managed to get some sunflowers, ferns, lettuce and fuchias all in the reduce section, which just needed a good water.
I updated my spreadsheet and checked bank accounts. I also set up another spreadsheet for car costs, to try and work out how much journeys cost in petrol.
I also wrote a list of all we have in the freezer and will do some batch cooking this weekend. I will do a menu plan for the rest of the month and should only need to buy milk, bread and fresh fruit and veg.