Followers

18 in 2018

De-Cluttering 2018

Thursday 3 November 2011

You Are What You Eat

I have eaten a lot of rubbish today. Started with a sausage roll, then some parkin cake that a lady in the office had baked, then someone bought some biscuits left from a meeting, then there was some banana crisp things - that didn’t taste at all like banana -, then a ham sandwich, then more biscuits. I just don’t have the will power to say no. By the time I was due to drive to see my mum I was shattered so got an energy drink, something I’ve never had before and will not again it was disgusting.



I have just felt tired, sick and headachey. I’m sure it’s because of all the sugar and fat I have put in my body today.

After eating all homemade food for the last month I have noticed the difference in how better I feel, so tonight I had a light dinner of salmon and salad. I have bought some vegetables and am going to make lots of soup to freeze. Tomorrow for lunch we are having some turkey that I have cooked with spices, salad, homemade hummus and pitta bread. We will be having tastey homemade food again this month, maybe lose some weight again and hopefully feel better again.



PS Hello and welcome to my new followers.

3 comments:

carol hardie said...

Hi there,i can relate to what your saying,and i feel so guilty after i have eaten junkie food,which i don't do very often,i am so used to my own cooking,and when i eat something un-healthy,my body really react's to it in a bad way,i feel slugish,and heady,awful!just found your blog,thank you,i have enjoyed reading it,cheer's from Carol in Australia.

Meanqueen said...

Give me the bottom picture any day. I'm amazed at how a lot of people don't recognise sweet sugary foods as junk which mucks up your metabolism. I fall off the wagon sometimes in a mad moment, but I suffer when my guts are crying out, 'why did you send that crap down here, what am I supposed to do with it'. Of course it screws the whole system up.

simplemiss said...

Yes! When I have a day or two of eating junky food I too feel tired and grotty and fuzzy-headed. Home-cooked food all the way for me!