Followers

18 in 2018

De-Cluttering 2018

Sunday 27 February 2011

Busy Bee

I’ve had a busy but good weekend.

Friday night started with a retirement do. There was a good turn out and it was great to see old colleagues who had left. I also felt a cleared the air with a colleague/friend – long story but I felt I had let her down a couple of years ago as she was going through a complicated time (involving divorce, affair and my boss) but we had a good long chat and I feel a lot better about it.

Yesterday it was my Saturday at where I volunteer. It was busy and I managed to see one of the men I hadn’t seen for a few weeks which was good as I had been a bit worried about him. I feel that they are beginning to know me and it’s nice to build up a relationship with the clients.

The sun was shining this morning when I got up which is a good start to the day. I made and portioned up for the freezer lasagne, leek and potato soup which will do as lunches for work. Also froze the leftover chicken curry I made for dinner on Friday (after adding a bit more spice –I like it hotter than it was!). Put some washing in.

We then went to my mums to see how they were getting on with the re-furb of her flat. It’s also a bit of driving practice for me as she lives about 1 hours’ drive away.

The kitchen is finished and I cleaned it and got most of the things back in the cupboards. We went through things like herbs and spices, and baking stuff. As mum doesn’t now cook from scratch much we had a good sort out and have only put back what she uses.

The bathroom will be done by Tuesday when mum goes home and she loves it. They have done a great job and the colour on some of the tiles matches the flooring perfectly.

I stripped her bed to bring the sheets back, although there is a laundry there, the machines only seems to do a quick wash which doesn’t do a “deep clean” wash. When we go back on Tuesday I will give the flat a good clean as even though we covered the furniture up with dust sheets it is very dusty.

We came back and I put the sheets into wash and started cooking dinner. We had a Sunday roast of beef, home-made Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes and vegetables, finished with stewed rhubarb and cream.

A productive weekend now back to work tomorrow, although I think I’ll be doing much as its my birthday.

No comments: