Followers

18 in 2018

De-Cluttering 2018

Sunday 30 October 2011

My Saturday

My day started with a lie in and "free" breakfast in bed. OH had resuced some bacon butties from his work from a buffet that were going to be thrown out so we had them with a cup of tea. Sometimes we are like ships that past in the night as he works nights so it was lovely to have breakfast together. Then as I got up, he went to sleep. I did a bit of pottering, hanging the washing out etc then went to my Art from Glass workshop.

This was a free workshop run by our local council. The teacher was so good, explaining things carefully and we quickly got stuck in. We did it all from cutting the glass to soldering. Some of the things she had made where amazing, so colourfull and made from glass that would have been sent to landfill. I’m not at all creative but really enjoyed learning something new. Everyone did something different, some followed a template and made stars for Christmas decorations but we decided to do something more abstract. Here is my light catcher.




After the course I went to see mum and sat with her for a while.

Dinner was from the freezer but I had some blue cheese and rocket in the fridge that needed eating so I made stuffed mushrooms as a starter and they were yummy but very garlicky. Picture is a bit blurry.




All in all a great day and a NSD.



Thank you all for your kind words and support for my mum, it means a lot to me xx

SFT – Its amazing that you include household in your budget. I too have been using up toiletries. I wonder who could help with holiday plans lol, we have a few places in mind but undecided yet
Dannie – It has been tough but has made me really think about what to buy rather than just throwing things in the trolley

Keshling – Well done on menu planning. I agree it’s so easy not having to think each day what shall we have to eat tonight.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you and OH are getting quality time together. LOL at him bringing bacon butties home! What a frugal star!

Big Hugs to your Mum. Sounds like you're spending lots of precious time together.

Your mushrooms look delicious and I love garlic!

Off to buy some shampoo today..what a treat!

Sft x

Mum said...

Lurve bacon butties. Lurve your light catcher. Lurve great days. Lurve to your mum. See you at the party.
Lurve from Mum
xx

Mrs No Spend said...

Bacon butties yummy. I hope you mum is doing ok.Lots of special time for you both,
My hubby used to work nights too for 15 years. I know how hard it is. There day off is technically not really a day off if they are getting in from working the night. Also they get a bit jet lagged from the switch around.
You take care x x