Followers

18 in 2018

De-Cluttering 2018

Tuesday 4 October 2011

Strawberries and Onions

I dropped some strawberry plants I got from Freecycle round to a friend. I hadn’t been to her home before so it was nice to have a look round her garden and she talked of what changes she wants to make. We had a good natter and 3 hours later I left with a bag of onions to plant and some cooking apples.

Talking of cooking apples I already had a bag full, as someone near my mums is giving them away. I am just going to stew, then freeze them but would wecome any other idea’s as to what to do with them.

Mum is back in hospital after falling, her carer found her yesterday morning, she must have fallen before going to bed and had been on the floor all night. Apparently she managed to say she wanted the paramedics and to go to the “nice” hospital! I met her at A&E and they ran lots of tests. Last night we saw the doctor who went through everything. She is quite poorly, with lots of different things wrong which is worrying but she is in the right place and they really do seem to want to get to the bottom of it all.

Thank you all for your comments, I find the support and encouragement from you all amazing.

MUM
I’ve started the form, and aim to get it sent off this week.

NoSpendDays
I’ve been good so far, hope to go swimming either today or tomorrow.

SFT
I am thinking that £10 might be too little but got to give it a go. I’m sure it will lead to being more creative with ingredients and probably some strange combinations. I must get the freezers emptyed for all the Christmas Eve bargins!

Frugaldom
The prices really shocked me, it was a shame because there was some nice things but I couldn’t justifiy the cost.

Dannie
I agreed Leith is a great “pottering” area. What I did like was a lot of the charity shops were their local charities.

No comments: