I tried a new recipe tonight. It was very simple, very tasty and also used some of the bargain 9p fresh coriander I got. The recipe didn’t have chilli in it but I added some for a bit of a kick. It made loads so I’m taking some to work tomorrow for lunch.
FRAGRANT PORK AND RICE ONE POT (serves four)
• 4-6 good-quality sausages
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• ½ onion , finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves , crushed
• 2 tsp each ground cumin and coriander
• 140g long grain rice
• 850ml vegetable stock
• 400g can chopped tomatoes
• ½ small bunch coriander , leaves picked
• Split the sausage skins, squeeze out the meat, then roll it into small meatballs about the size of a large olive. Heat the oil in a large non-stick saucepan, then brown the meatballs well on all sides until cooked - you might need to do this in batches. Set the meatballs aside.
• Add the onion and garlic to the pan. Soften for 5 mins, stir in the spices and rice, then cook for another min. Pour in the stock and tomatoes. Bring to a simmer, scraping up any sausagey bits from the bottom of the pan. Simmer for 10 mins until the rice is just cooked, then stir in the meatballs with some seasoning. Ladle into bowls, scatter with coriander and serve with crusty bread.
SFT – I never thought of making a pudding. I still have pennies from primary school that we use to be given at Christmas.
Anne – I hope it will be lucky :)
NSD – OH is ok now, thank you. They have changed some of the security as the man has threaten the hotel, its terrible really. Still looking for a home, we are waiting to hear back from the financial assessment which is happening tomorrow. I hope she move to a home like the one you work in xx