Followers

18 in 2018

De-Cluttering 2018

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Welcome to my new followers, although I always think that having “followers” sounds a bit like a cult haha.

Thank you for your comments and as requested here is the recipe for the soup. It was a bit of guess work with the measurements as I’m a bit of a throw it in the pan and see what happens kind of cook.

Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup

Ingredients

3 Red Peppers
5 Plum Tomatoes
1 Red Onion
Few sprigs of Fresh Oregano
2 Cloves Garlic
½ Pint Vegetable Stock
Splash of cream
Olive Oil
Seasoning

Method

Slice peppers in half and de-seed
Place on baking tray along with garlic and oregano, drizzle with olive oil
Roast for approx. 20 mins. until the skins are blacken
After 10 mins. chop tomatoes in half and add to baking tray, rubbing them in the olive oil and oregano that is on the tray with the peppers
While peppers and tomatoes are roasting chop onion and fry in olive oil
Remove peppers from oven and place in plastic bag for a few mins. – this steams them a bit to make it easier to remove the skins
Peel skin from peppers and tomatoes, roughly chop and add to pan with onion in
Add oregano and any juices from the roasting tray to pan and squeeze in the roasted garlic cloves
Pour in stock and simmer for 15 mins.
Blend, season and add a splash of cream before serving

Yummmmm

It was enough for 2 large bowls. I used oregano as I have it growing in the garden but I think basil would go well, especially with the tomatoes.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I bet your work friend was impressed. What other ideas/snacks have you shared?

Sft x

Mum said...

Thank you for that - the recipe is now added to my collection.
Love from Mum
xx

Shaheen said...

Thanks for the recipe, I don't often make soup with peppers so I would be interested in trying this.